We’ve answered some of the questions that you might have below. Feel free to get in touch with us should you wish to find out more.
- All costs are based on self-sufficient and self-catering drives.
- We will only provide a leading vehicle with two-way radio equipment to keep in contact with the leading and last vehicles.
- We will arrange all park permits and accommodation at campsites, where relevant, for a specific trip. However, note that these costs are not included in our pricing.
Vehicle equipment – Your vehicle needs to be fully self-sufficient in terms of fuel, spare tires (it is recommended that you have 2 spare tyres), car jack and any basic tools that you might need during a break-down.
Camping equipment – Remember, we’re just there to lead the way. You need to prepare and pack all camping equipment. As reference, here is a short list:
- Clothing (remember your hat)
- Toiletries and towel (remember anti-sun lotion)
- Table and chairs
- Sleeping gear (matrass, stretcher, bedding, pillows)
- Lights for personal use (torches, headlamps, batteries, etc.)
- Pots / pans / kettle (to go on the fire)
- Braai grid
- Gas stove (should you wish to cook on gas)
- Eating utensils
- Mugs / cups for drinking (preferably spill proof)
- Washing up bowl & dishwashing liquid
- Basic medical aid kit and all personal medication should this be required
Catering equipment – Unless you have specifically requested that we prepare catering for the trip, you need to be fully self-sufficient in terms of food supply, drinks and snacks. Make sure to bring enough cooler boxes, camping fridge (if you have one), etc. to ensure food is kept cool. Don’t forget the ice for the drinks!
Water – each vehicle should have a 20l water container as for showering. We will provide a portable shower.
What we will provide
- We’ll provide a campfire and braai equipment (coals and braai grid) every evening and ensure general lighting of the communal eating area.
- We will make sure that there is coffee every morning to get everyone going
- We’ll provide portable shower facilities when sleeping out in the wild